Buying a home involves finding the perfect one that suits your particular lifestyle. It’s so easy to focus on your now circumstances, but it’s important to also consider what you expect life will be like in a few years from now. Let’s discuss the 5 home features that can affect your lifestyle:
1) What Kind Of Lifestyle Do You Want? – Do you like the nightlife and the convenience of being close to restaurants, bars, and clubs? Then a home within walking distance would be more convenient. If you travel a lot for
business, a townhouse or condo close to the airport would suit you better as all the maintenance would be taken care of in your busy career lifestyle.
2) How Many People Live In The Home? – If you’re the only one living in the home, it may not matter. But if you
plan on adding future people like a roommate, future children, parents, or a partner, you’ll need to consider buying a home with additional features such as school district, number of bedrooms, baths, and yard space
3) Suitable Floor Plan – Before you decide on a home, be sure the floor plan suits your daily activities. Be sure
there’s adequate space for your hobbies, home office, and
entertaining. Don’t choose a home with a small family room if this is where you intend spending a lot of time.
4) Daily Activities – Do you love remodeling vintage homes to their original condition? Do you have plans for a backyard paradise? Then you might consider buying a home in the outskirts of town with a larger yard. But if you like being close to the nightlife or hosting big parties, a
home in the busy city may be more suitable.
5) Is This Your First Home? – As a new home buyer, you dream of buying a home with plenty of space and an
ample yard. However, your budget may force you to consider a smaller home. If this is your circumstances, you may need to purchase a smaller home in a good area that needs some simple cosmetic work. As you restore your home to a pristine condition, you can sell the property for a good profit and use the money as a down payment to buy a
By paying close attention to these 5 suggestions, you’ll increase your odds of finding the right home for your
unique lifestyle. One eye opening exercise is to ask a friend or family member to help your think about the
possible directions your life may take within the next 5 years. To get the most benefit out of this exercise, it’s
important to be honest with your expectations. The end results may change the type of home you decide to purchase.
Another good step in helping you decide is to consult local experts that specialize in the realty business, such as a Realtor, Mortgage broker, Contractor and so on. Self education with the help of others will take you further!
For more information and all your Realty consulting needs please visit my website.
Please feel free to comment on this article and send us your feed back!